Chicken, collagen and lentil soup
With the colder months coming on, this healthy chicken soup recipe is a great way to boost your collagen intake.
- 4 teaspoons Simply Collagen PURE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated onion
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup spelt/farro
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 cup chopped kale, stems removed
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add the grated onion, zucchini, and carrots, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, turmeric, and cumin to the pot, then continue cooking for 2-3 minutes .
- Add chicken broth to the pot. Set heat to high to bring broth to a boil. At a rolling boil, add the spelt and lentils, then simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes until lentils and spelt are cooked through.
- Add Simply Collagen PURE.
- In the final minutes of cooking, add the chopped kale and once wilted, take off the heat.
- Serve immediately.